Storefront Server MMC loading/ crash issues

While implementing Citrix XenApp 6.5 Hotfix 2, I had few issues with Storefront. Here I would like to share my experience/ issues and fixes.

Note: Refer to this article if you want to add second Storefront server for HA purposes.

One of the issues I faced after installing Storefront 1.2 (which comes with XenApp 6.5 download), Storefront keep crashing with MMC Error as follows. I tried multiple things like installing latest Microsoft patches with certificates and   other things.

MMC Could not create the snap-in. The snap-in might not have been installed correctly.
Name : Citrix Receiver Storefront

Storefront MMC crash


End Snap-in. This snap-in is not responding

To return to MMC and check the status of the snap-in, click cancel.

If you choose to end the snapin immediately, you will lose unsaved data .......

Finally I decided to download and install latest Storefront version i.e. 2.1. I managed to install successfully but while opening console, it’s VERY slow (couple of minutes) and crashes with error messages as follows.

MMC has detected an error in a snap-in and will unload it.
Report this error to MIcrosoft and then shutdown MMC. Unload teh snap-in and continue running

·         Login to the server from where you are trying launch Storefront MMC
·         Open Internet explorer and navigate to Internet Options- Advanced and go to Security tab.
·         In security tab, UNCHECK “check for publisher’s certificate revocation” and then click OK twice.
·         Then reopen the Storefront console from Start – Programs, it should fix the issue.
If not Continue with one of the other troubleshooting options you Goggled or leave message and I’ll try to help you :-)

Storefront iss fix with advanced settings

The same fix applies to Citrix receiver slow issue as per
Citrix receiver slow applications launch issue  article but you need to execute these steps on client machine where Citrix receiver installed.

Please share on social media if you found this post helpful. If you have a comment or question, please post and add your voice to the conversation.


  1. Thanks! This worked for me. :)

  2. Many thanks. Very helpful post.

  3. Thank you for the great post. It really solved the 2 hrs of misery trying to debug the problem. I downloaded a lot of root certificates and tried several things to see what is the problem. Great work!



  5. Fantastic.. Thanks for the resolution

  6. HKLM\SOFTWARE\Policies\Microsoft\SystemCertificates\AuthRoot\DisableRootAutoUpdate value from 1 to 0