While working on McAfee MOVE Anti-Virus solution for virtual desktop solution, I come across this nice video published by McAfee with step by step instructions to install and configure McAfee MOVE Multi-Platform solution.
Just to summarise what is McAfee MOVE Multi- Platform solution, it eliminates requirement to install McAfee anti-virus application instead you need to install agent. Multi-Platform solution offloads scanning function to a dedicated server i.e. offload scan server (OSS) that runs McAfee VirusScan Enterprise software.
Components of the McAfee MOVE multi-Platform solutions are:
- McAfee ePolicy Orchestrator (ePO Server)
- Hypervisor (ESXi or Hyper-V or XenServer)
- McAfee Agent
- MOVE AV Offload Scan Server (OSS)
- VirusScan Enterprise ( Installed as part of the OSS server)
- MOVE Security Virtual Appliance( SVA)
- Data Center Connector for vSphere- Optional
For more details on difference between McAfee MOVE Agentless and Multi-Platform, refer “McAfee MOVE Agentless vs Multi-Platform “
This video really helped me as I never installed MOVE before .This video covers McAfee MOVE Multi- Platform Anti-Virus solution covers the following items assuming that you have working compatible ePO server.
- McAfee MOVE MP Architecture
- Install extensions and client packages for McAfee MOVE MP Solution
- Offload Scan Server (OSS) installation and configuration
- Client installation and configuration
- Configuring McAfee MOVE policies
- Test MOVE AV functionality (With EICAR)