Citrix Receiver error



Issue:

After login to Citrix Receiver 4.1 and click on Refresh applications option, you see following error message.
Your apps are not available at this time. Please try again in a few minutes or contact helpdesk with this information. Cannot contact <Storefront Store name>



Scenario:  While deploying new XenApp  6.5, Storefront 2.1 and Citrix Receiver 4.1 with no certificates( HTTP) for all communication( It’s not recommended to use HTTP but I had a reason to use)  I had above error when I try to click on Refresh Applications which is next to login details on top right side of the receiver.  In addition to receiver doesn’t enumerate any applications. 

Resolution:
I checked various things but finally following fix the resolved issue. MAKE SURE THAT YOU TEST THIS FIX ON CLEAN MACHINE (The one which never had receiver). I tested with reinstall on a machine but didn’t fix issue and I was going crazy J by troubleshooting/ investigating all XenApp components.

-          Pick the clean machine/ VM
-          Install receiver with CitrixReceiver /IncludeSSON  ( I had SSO component)
-          After installation of Citrix Receiver, add/ edit following registry keys.
o   Open Registry ( Regedit)
o   For 32-bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\AuthManager
o   For 64-bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\AuthManager
o   Create a new String value I.e.  ConnectionSecurityMode with value to Any
o   Then go to
o   For 32-bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Citrix\Dazzle
o   For 64-bit - HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Citrix\DazzleB
o   Change the String value AllowAddStore and AllowSavePwd to A
-          Then make sure that you kill receiver and re-open to test

Please share on social media if you found this post helpful. If you have a comment or question, please post and add your voice to the conversation.

4 comments:

  1. Helped a lot. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. This fixed my issue.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Man! I can't thank you enough!!! I've been trying to solve this for days. Google suggested several websites, but none of the suggested solutions there didn't help. But today i landed here and now it works. I just created the keys though; I didn't need a clean machine... Many many many thanks! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am glad that above solution helped you. I understand how painful it it to troubleshoot this kind of issues.

      Cheers!!

      Delete