In my previous article, I have documented the steps to back up the HP virtual Connect modules ( Flexfabrics). Please refer to this link for steps.
I have performed these steps in HP Virtual connect version 3.75
In this article, I have documented steps to restore HP interconnect module.
Steps are as follows.
1. Open your browser like Internet Explorer
2. Access VC module IP
3. Enter Virtual Connect Manager(VCM) administrator credentials
4. After login, select “Domain Settings- Backup/Restore” in left side of the console.
5. Go to “Restore Domain Configuration” box in the right side window and click on “Browse” to navigate to the configuration files saved during the HP VC backup process and select “Restore Configuration” to restore VC settings
6. After the restore, log back to the Virtual Connect Manager after 2 minutes and make sure that required configuration is restored.
I have performed following steps to check that my backup and restore process is working as expected.
- Backup the HP VC configuration
- Create a test SUS( Shared Uplink Set)
- Restore HP VC configuration from backup
- Then check and confirm test SUS is disappeared
Please refer this link for the steps to backup HP VC throughGUI.