This article outlines the steps to take to perform Virtual connect (FlexFabrics) backup. There are other ways to back up the configuration; one is through Graphical User Interface (GUI) as mentioned in the article and other way to through CLI.
I have performed these steps in HP Virtual connect version 3.75.
The HP VC Backup steps are as follows:
1. Open your browser like Internet Explorer
2. Access VC module IP
3. Login to the Virtual Connect Manager( VCM) using administrator credentials
4. Then navigate to “Domain Settings - Backup/Restore” in left pane of the console
5. In the right hand side, select "Backup Configuration” and save configuration/ backup file to your favourite location on local computer
6. File which is saved in above steps can used to restore VC configuration you are unfortunate :)
I have followed following steps to make sure that my backup and restore process is working.
- Backup the HP VC configuration
- Create a test SUS( Shared Uplink Set)
- Restore HP VC configuration from backup copy
- Then check and confirm your test SUS is disappeared